Hi everyone and welcome to my first post! I am excited to share my love of all things beauty with y'all! The goal of The Beauty Lookout is to take a closer look at new beauty releases and old favorites while providing fresh input at the same time. I also want to encourage discussions on different thoughts and issues ranging from packaging for different brands to how many releases is too many. This will be a forum where all opinions will be welcomed!
My interest in beauty has certainly expanded over the years and I have to attribute that to a number of beauty influencers on YouTube. I discovered YouTube towards the end of my college career in 2008. I was thrilled to be able to watch music videos from some of my favorite artists as well as find videos that made me laugh or peaked my interest. That's when I came across Michelle Phan and her tutorials. Her approach to makeup made beauty appear simple and accessible for everyone. That's where I learned about different brands, how to apply multiple eyeshadows to make a cohesive look and most importantly, how to have fun with makeup. Since then, the beauty community has exploded for me. There are so many people that I follow now, from Lindy of Bubzbeauty, Tracy and Stefanie of EleventhGorgeous, Jaclyn Hill, Shannon of Shaaanxo and more!
Honestly, it wasn't until 2011/2012 that I dipped my toes into the beauty community by purchasing my first higher end product from Stila, which was a small palette called Lovely in London. I think, at the time, it was between $16 to $20 which was a big deal for this girl who probably bought out most of the Maybelline section from my local WalMart. It was not my first experience with a higher end brand but it was my first experience with a brand other than what you'd find at the drugstore or at Belk (a story for another day) that I bought for myself. Did I know how to utilize the palette? Not terribly well but I was proud of it!
The product that sent me over the edge in terms of my beauty addiction (yes I am a beauty addict hehe!) was Urban Decay's Naked palette. That palette was, and still is, my pride and joy! I remember feeling like, "Yes! Now I'm in!" I can understand why so many people loved it and, at the time, there were tons of YouTube beauty gurus using the Naked palette for their tutorials. It made it much easier to use as well as more justifiable for its price at that time because I used it so much. From the Naked palette on, I immersed myself into the beauty community and started collecting makeup.
I enjoy playing with makeup and talking about makeup. Do I consider myself a makeup artist? Not really as I feel like I'm still learning how to best apply it. Do I consider myself experienced in makeup? Yes! The beauty of it (pun intended) is that the possibilities are endless! I'm constantly learning new techniques while refining my skills. I find myself analyzing and studying different brands and products to see what is worth the investment and what will work best for me. I'm always willing to try something new!
The beauty community can be so welcoming and I hope that The Beauty Lookout will be a place where you feel comfortable to share your love of all things makeup! Thanks for joining me on this journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment